THE SUN HAS RISEN! Taeyang has brought a great start to the middle of the year with this album. It is flawless, and my favourite of 2014 so far. Thank you Taeyang, thank you.

A wonderful start to the album. I love this song because it sets the atmosphere for the rest of the album. It's not too simple and not too complex. I like the lyrics, especially '
We're gonna be reachin' for the sky tonight / And we're gonna light it up / Rise tonight', because it feels like it's a subtle reference to Taeyang. I also like the lyrics, "Every time that people say it's the end / I will show I'm forever" and the way this part is sung. The beginning of this track is a sort of beating of a drum, which feels like, to me, it's Taeyang taking his holy steps to the highest stage where we will be able to worship him for everything that's about to come, because it's so good and he knows that.

The title track! The first time I listened to this song, I was watching the MV and was pretty distracted by Taeyang's spiky nipples, so I couldn't get the full feel for the song straight away. However, after I downloaded the album and listened to it a few times, I realised it is one of the best songs Taeyang has ever had. The emotion in this song is strong, and I can see that's why it was chosen as the title track. I really wish it had a better MV, but there's still two others to come out, so I guess it's okay. This track is one of the saddest I've ever heard; the line "
it hurts so much, but now I’ll call you a memory." hurts
me so much ㅠ_ㅠ. Don't hurt, Taeyang! Overall, this song is amazing and I'm going to listen to it a lot.
새벽한시 (1AM) is a track that I had seen hyped up because of it's high quality, but I actually hadn't heard it until I listened to the album. The things I heard about how good this song was were not wrong &__&. I like the story that is told in this song about what happens when you're trying to forget someone: "
That’s a lie, that’s the truth / I get confused thousands of times a day" and then "
As if it’s nothing, I talk about you / But I just want you by my side right now". True feelings right there. Who broke your heart, Taeyang?! I will fix it for you! The random 'robotic' voice that appears in this song is a plus for me, it's awesome. I'll be listening to this song at 1AM every night as I do with U-KISS's 0330 at 3:30AM.

You can't make a solo album in YG without featuring one of your best friends, right? Taeyang wants you to stay with him, GD. This song has a very relaxed feeling to it, and makes me feel like I am at an island resort surrounded by palm trees... don't ask me why. GD composed this song and wrote the lyrics, but it seems perfect for Taeyang, so I guess he had him in mind. The interesting thing is that I think it would sound like a completely different song if GD sang it. There are a lot of words in this song! Yay! It's about not seeing a girl again... Did you recently break up? I would love to have a song about pizza or something on this album. "
Just stay with me forever / For worse or for better" ♡♡♡♡♡

This... this song gives me a lot of confidence? I don't know if it's because the song begins with '
beautiful body, your body's so beautiful' or because of the lyrics '
I got that body, you got that body, now you and me, let's make somebody' but... yeah. I also love the inclusion of '
head, shoulders, knees, and toes... it's better than yours' because it feels like it's subtly referring to GD, hahaha! This track isn't even that fast-paced, but it makes me feel like getting my jam on. There's something about Taeyang saying that your body is beautiful in two languages that makes you tingle a little, you know what I'm saying? Thank you so much Taeyang, you are so kind.
Let's make somebody. Are you ready for a child, though?

The classic Ringa Linga! I was thinking about skipping this song because it was already released, but it's part of this perfect album, so I don't want to exclude it. What's a rose without its petals? This song can be described as an addiction. I haven't got sick of it after listening to it probably over 1000 times, and the 'ringa linga' dance is so easy that you want to dance every time you hear the song. Also, the mysterious way that Taeyang makes his voice sound like he's being pricked by a cactus is awesome, and I haven't stopped attempting to do that, even though I fail... Every. Single. Time. Teach me your ways, please, Taeyang. Don't kill my vibe, though. This is a different style to Taeyang than usual, but it's still awesome!

This track, 'This Ain't It' in English, is as sad as 눈, 코, 입. The way Taeyang sings in this song sounds like he's a little in denial about something, but is finally accepting the reality bit by bit, and is really sad about it. The song is about him wondering what he would do if he saw 'her' again - would he hide? Would he go and say hello? But then he says it doesn't matter because of his 'insignificant feelings', so she mustn't care about him anymore. I love the change in the song around 2:45, because it's like he is trying to pull all the strength he has in his heart to keep going in life without her. He wants to stop loving her, but he can't even if he tries. Oh man, this song is going to make me cry even while I'm listening to it right now. Why your voice gotta be so emotional for?!

I loooooooove this song. The lyrics are written by Tablo, so what else is there to do but expect a great song? This song is about a girl (haha, really? I wasn't expecting that.) who allows Taeyang to realise he needs to let go of all the greediness and selfishness he holds inside of him, along with the bad memories and experiences he's had in the past. Apart from the beautiful lyrics, I think the song is amazing. It reminds me of an artist, but I can't pinpoint who. It's just a song that you can sway your hands and body to at a concert. Nearing the end of the song, I like it because it feels like the story is coming together, and he's finally starting to let go of everything he needs to, to be able to be with the girl. Awesome!

Love You to Death reminds me of a song that would come from an American artist, or, like, Arctic Monkeys or something. Again, the lyrics are written by Tablo so, again, the lyrics are awesome. "
Do you think my heart is okay? / Do you think I won’t bleed if I get pricked? / But giving me the sickness / Is like the medicine that makes me breathe / So how can I quit you?". The use of 'I'm gonna love you to death' in this track sounds very literal, which makes it a bit creepy, but this also just feels like there's a man who is completely crazily in life with a girl and will do anything for her, as long as he has her. So... it's kind of nice. In the creepiest way possible. Thanks Tablo. Thanks Taeyang. A nice ending song, though - since death is the end of all and everything.
The end of the album! Noooo T_T. I really think if there were any more songs added to this album, they would be as awesome as the rest. There is really no song that I like more or less than the other on this album, and that's what makes it amazing. Every song is perfect, and I could listen to each song for the rest of my life. Ahh. I'm just so amazed. This is what I needed in my life. THANK YOU.
No comments:
Post a Comment